1. Sitting on my desk at the moment are a fairy statue from my critique partner Judi Fennell, a small green gargoyle I call Henri, postcards of my book covers, a pack of erotic Greek Ancient Lovers cards a friend picked up for me on her trip, a silver skeleton key, a tiny plastic skull I call Bob, a picture of Jamie Bamber from “Battlestar Galactica” and a box of Junior Mints (of course).
2. Songs I just downloaded for my iPod: “Odd One” by Sick Puppies, ”Heartbeat Song” by The Futureheads, ”Bad Romance” cover by A Smile From the Trenches and “Blood On My Hands” by The Used.
3. My husband is a much better housekeeper than I am. He’s sitting here telling me he did three loads of wash and the dishes already this morning. I love the guy. No, I don’t loan him out.
4. I’m a hockey fanatic. My husband and I have season tickets to the ECHL Reading Royals and we rarely miss a game. I love hockey players. They’re rough, tough, big, brawling alphas who play with broken bones and new stitches but they’re graceful enough to skate. Great combination.
5. Have you ever seen “Ancient Aliens” on the History Channel? I have. I actually watch it every time it’s on because I have a slightly embarrassing crush on Giorgio Tsoukalos, one of the “experts” they interview on the show. The guy has wicked cool hair.
6. Speaking of crushes, I’ve had a wicked one on Jason from “Ghost Hunters” for years. It must be the bald head. Totally works for me. He’s definitely going to show up as a hero in my Fringe series. And I’ve got just the story for him…
7. I loved the show “MXC” on SpikeTV. It was raunchy and stupid and blindingly, amazingly funny. At least to my little mind.
8. My favorite TV shows of the moment: Fringe, Caprica, SGU, Vampire Diaries, Modern Family, Community and Hawaii Five-O. That O is for OMG I love Alex O’Loughlin.
9. I can recite the entire movie, “10 Things I Hate About You,” much to my sons’ embarrassment. I saw it 7 times in the movie theater before it came out on DVD and I could buy it. No, I was not a teenager. And every time my sons go out, I say, “No drinking, no drugs, no kissing, no tattoos, no ritualistic animal slaughter of any kind.”
10. Durex Pleasure-Enhancing Tingling Lubricant. I’m just saying.
Size Matters Q&A
KC: What sparked your interest to write a tongue-in-cheek love story based on Bigfoot?
SJ: I think what prompted the Bigfoot idea was thinking about the stories the now-defunct Weekly World News used to print on its front page. There was always something about Bat Boy and Bigfoot. I started to think about how I could use Bigfoot as the hero because Bat Boy just didn’t do it for me (although there is a wonderful musical called “Bat Boy” that’s funny as all hell). Then that old saying about a man and the size of his feet popped into my head and, well, I just went from there. I knew I had to put a pretty big twist on the legend to make it work because, really, who thinks Bigfoot’s sexy? So I had to go searching for something else to add to the story. I love to read about what I call alternate archeology–ancient Egyptian electricity and aliens building the pyramids, that kind of thing–so when I found out about the red-haired giant skeletons in the west, I knew I had that missing link.
KC: I’ve read your Lucani Lovers series and Size Matters brings the lol in laugh out loud. Will this become a series *chants please say yes*?
SJ: Yes. LOL. I’ve already got an idea for the next story but right now I’m working on the next story in the Lucani Lovers series. This one’s about Evie and her men. –>
Thanks for having me to visit at Smokinhotbooks!
Giveaway Ends September 29th (that’s a Wednesday folks), just comment to enter.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Smokin’ Hot Books Get’s Taken Over – Top 10 Ways Alpha Males Are Like Newborn Babies
- Welcome Baby Smokin’
- Guest Author Jennifer Estep Tells Us Her Favorite Curse Word & Giveaway of Venom
- 10 Things About Author Erin McCarthy You Didn’t Know – Giveaway Beast Within
- Lord of White Hell by Ginn Hale – Katiebabs Pic Best M/M Book So Far This Year